66 (1) There is hereby established a Board, to be known as the Copyright Board, consisting of not more than five members, including a chairman and a vice-chairman, to be appointed by the Governor in Council.
(2) The members of the Board shall be appointed to serve either full-time or part-time.
(3) The chairman must be a judge, either sitting or retired, of a superior, county or district court.
(4) Each member of the Board shall hold office during good behaviour for a term not exceeding five years, but may be removed at any time by the Governor in Council for cause.
(5) A member of the Board is eligible to be re-appointed once only.
(6) A member of the Board shall not be employed in the public service within the meaning of the Public Service Labour Relations Act during the member’s term of office.
Marginal note:Members deemed public service employees
(7) A full-time member of the Board, other than the chairman, shall be deemed to be employed in
- R.S., 1985, c. C-42, s. 66
- R.S., 1985, c. 10 (1st Supp.), s. 1, c. 10 (4th Supp.), s. 12
- 2003, c. 22, s. 154(E), 224(E), 225(E)
- Date modified: