Newfoundland Offshore Petroleum Installations Regulations (SOR/95-104)
- HTMLFull Document: Newfoundland Offshore Petroleum Installations Regulations (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Newfoundland Offshore Petroleum Installations Regulations [298 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Newfoundland Offshore Petroleum Installations Regulations [661 KB]
Regulations are current to 2023-03-06 and last amended on 2020-10-06. Previous Versions
PART IVOperations and Maintenance (continued)
68 Where an inspection reveals conditions that threaten the integrity of the foundation or platform of an installation, the operator shall take remedial action to restore the integrity of the installation to the satisfaction of the certifying authority.
- SOR/2009-316, s. 102(F)
PART VRecords and Reporting
69 The international system of units (SI) shall be used for recording the data and preparing the reports required by these Regulations.
Report of Loss, Emergency or Accident
70 (1) Every operator shall inform the Chief, by the most rapid and practical means, of any situation or event involving any danger or accident to a person or property, including loss of life, a missing person, serious injury to a person, an imminent threat to safety of personnel or the public, fire, explosion, loss of well control, hydrocarbon or toxic fluid spills, or significant damage to a pipeline, equipment or an installation.
(2) Every operator shall submit a full written report to the Chief of any situation or event referred to in subsection (1) as soon as practicable.
(3) Every operator shall inform the Chief by the most rapid and practical means, at least twenty-four hours before any of the following events is scheduled to take place, of the time and place and the nature of the event:
(a) start of “tow out” of an installation;
(b) any lift at a production site in excess of 500 tonnes; and
(c) the up-ending or setting on bottom of an installation.
71 The contravention of any of the provisions of Parts IV and V is an offence under the Act.
- Date modified: